Saturday, June 13, 2015

Lazy Saturday = Little Zipper Pouch

It's been a long while since last time I wrote anything here... Life's been insane this last year. I went back to school - that should say it all. A big part of my life it's completely taken by reading, writing, preparing classes, grading papers and thinking (a lot of thinking). But I have to admit it: I absolutely love it. Even though there are good and bad times (more on that maybe in a different post), overall I'm having an amazing time. And on top of that, it just feels right...

Back to what this un-eventful Saturday has brought: sewing. I haven't sewn for almost a year now. I started a pair of pants that never finished and that's pretty much all the sewing I've done (with the exception of occasional birdies that I still make when somebody orders through my Etsy Shop). So, since today I had no motivation to actually work (i.e.: more reading, more writing, more grant seeking, etc), I decided to create something new. That's something that always cheers me up when I feel lazy ;)

I had no idea what to make, and because I wanted to actually finish whatever I started, I thought of a little zipper pouch. Small project, not a lot of time or thinking, a few materials... exactly what I was looking for! So I did it, and here it is:



It turned out okay, with minor hiccups, but cute overall. I'm happy with my new pouch. I'm happy with my Saturday.

See ya next post!

No comments:

Post a Comment